Is this really all there is?

Each day I find myself increasingly dissatisfied with everything. 

Right now I am watching Qiuncy, which if you do not know is an old tv show about a medical examiner (like orig Crossing Jordan I suppose). The episode is about a young adult that has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia who kills his family insighting a debate about how mental illness must be treated in accordance with the legal system. Whatever. As I watch this I realize that attitudes towards mental illness have not changed that much since the 1970s. 

We think we've come a long way but there is still the same amount of stigma and misunderstanding attached to mental illness. This show is really about fear I suppose because it is a complete pile of bullshit that most schizophrenics have command hallucinations telling them to commit crimes such as murder which they compulsively follow. http://www.world-schizophrenia.org/ 

Blah blah blah blah. 

This sucks. 
 
Love, 

Michelle D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Developing a Personal Nursing Philosophy

Recovery Alliance Theory

Getting Past "Just Say No": Reflections on Adolescents and Substance Use