The Marathon Continues - An Update On My PhD Journey

 More than one year later this is what I have accomplished:

  1. Completed all my coursework
  2. Successfully passed my Comprehensive Exam (this happened in February 2021)
  3. Successfully passed my Candidacy Exam (this happened in August 2021)
  4. Received ethics approval from the University Ethics Board that I can conduct the oral interviews necessary for my study 
What do these three things mean? It means I have made some progress forward in the last 14 months. It also means that I need to muster the energy and mental fortitude to charge on and do my study. 

In personal reflection, I know that before I made it through these necessary steps of my PhD process I was filled with the same fear and self-doubt about being able to accomplish this goal. Logically I know I should be proud of myself for making it this far while also working fulltime and raising four children. But, I cannot seem to give myself that much-needed pat on the back. At this point, I'm seeing the glass as half-empty. Oh the feeling of self-doubt. 

Add to this a mid-life crisis as I round the corner to turning 40. 

Wish me luck.

Love,

Michelle D. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Developing a Personal Nursing Philosophy

Recovery Alliance Theory

Getting Past "Just Say No": Reflections on Adolescents and Substance Use